Healing Companions, Jane Miller’s groundbreaking book on psychiatric service dogs, was released in January 2010. All profits from the sale of Healing Companions go to support the work of the non-profit organization, Healing Companions, Inc.
Just as the role that service dogs can play in the lives of people with invisible disabilities has started to receive national media attention—in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, The New Yorker, and on Oprah—Healing Companions is the first book to profile these extraordinary dogs and how they can transform lives. more »
About the Author
Jane Miller, LISW, IAABC-CDBC & AABP- CDBC, is a licensed psychotherapist/clinical social worker, with a particular interest in holistic modalities of healing. She currently focuses on educating others about the legal, ethical, and practical criteria of working with Psychiatric Service Dogs (PSDs). more »
Now available for pre-order at Amazon.com,
Borders.com, Barnes&Noble.com, Powells.com, and other bookstores nationwide.
- HEALING COMPANIONS: ORDINARY DOGS AND THEIR EXTRAORDINARY POWER TO CHANGE LIVES
- NASW Ohio Chapter Nov.-Dec.2013 Newsletter – review by Brandon Barcus, NASW Ohio Chapter Member
- Human-dog bond can aid health
- Jane Miller, a clinical social worker who focuses on the health benefits of the human-animal bond is coming to the University of Toledo.
- Free seminars at UT
- Author of psychiatric service dog book to hold free seminars at UT July 27, Aug. 10
For the Media
For media inquiries and other publicity matters, please contact Warwick Associates.
Jane Miller, LISW, IAABC-CDBC & AABP- CDBC
Follow Jane on Twitter at @janemillerdogs.